Maria Palamara, LAC, NCC
Maria has worked with men and women of all ages dealing with career concerns, anxiety, depression, OCD, ADHD, grief and bereavement, self-esteem, relationship challenges, anger issues, and trauma associated with domestic abuse. She currently works with adolescents and adults ages 14 or older.
Every individual is unique, and Maria treats all her clients with unconditional positive regard and respect. She uses a family systems approach which helps clients understand their issues within a larger family and societal context. This helps them develop a more complete picture of situations and generate more realistic solutions. She uses techniques including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Mindfulness to help clients in their healing journey.
· LAC - Licensed Associate Counselor
· NCC - National Certified Counselor (NBCC board certified)
· Montclair State University Master’s in Counseling, concentration in Clinical Mental Health Counseling.
· Continuing education in addictions, cognitive behavioral therapy, trauma, emotionally focused family therapy, intimate partner abuse
· JBWS – Safehouse support and assistant for Domestic abuse helpline.
· St. Mary’s RC Church – high school CCD teacher on topics of meditation and grief, adult choir
· American Counseling Association
· Chi Sigma Iota counseling honor society
· New Jersey Counseling Association
· National Career Development Association
· International Association of Marital and Family Counselors