Maria Palamara, LPC, NCC, CCC
Maria is a Nationally Certified and Licensed Professional Counselor who works with adult men and women dealing with career concerns, burnout, anxiety, depression, ADHD, grief and bereavement, self-esteem, relationship challenges, caregiver concerns (children and aging parents), anger issues, and trauma associated with domestic abuse. Maria is a Certified Career Counselor and can support individuals who are interested in a pure career counseling engagement for career exploration, job search, resume prep and consulting, and LinkedIn profile support, regardless of life-stage or mental health concerns. She currently works with adolescents and adults ages 18 and older.
Every individual is unique, and Maria treats all her clients with unconditional positive regard and respect. She uses a family systems approach which helps clients understand their issues within a larger family and societal context. This helps them develop a more complete picture of situations and generate more realistic solutions. She uses techniques including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Mindfulness to help clients in their healing journey.
- LPC - Licensed Professional Counselor
- NCC - National Certified Counselor (NBCC board certified)
- CCC – Certified Career Counselor (NCDA certified)
- Montclair State University Master’s in Counseling, concentration in Clinical Mental Health Counseling.
- Continuing education in career counseling, addictions, ADHD, cognitive behavioral therapy, trauma, emotionally focused family therapy, intimate partner abuse
- American Counseling Association
- Chi Sigma Iota counseling honor society
- New Jersey Counseling Association
- National Career Development Association